Thursday 3 April 2008

Signs of spring (10)

DH came back from his short business trip to France this afternoon and, although I have felt pretty rotten this week, it was lovely to get out for a short drive. He wanted to see how the bluebells are coming along, as he organises a 'Bluebell Run' each year for his running club. It's official - spring is definitely here now. The magnolia trees are terrific this year, and so many pretty daffodils. The bluebells are only just starting to flower, so they should be just perfect for his run in a couple of week's time. We also saw some primroses and two other flowers whose names I have forgotten, and I can't find the wild flower identification book. Perhaps someone will be able to help out here.











This morning I managed to finish my 4 patch blocks for the Orange Crush mystery quilt. I've made them all scrappy as instructed, although most of my lights came from a charity shop shirt, and I'm not convinced they will go well with the rest of my fabric, but we shall just have to wait and see.

Hopefully the sinusitis, plus the bad reaction to the antibiotics will ease soon so that I can get down to finishing some of the other work on hand. I've got two full size quilts to finish, plus a BOM block and I'm starting to get some ideas together for some wall hangings. Can't wait to get down to them.

1 comment:

Khris said...

The flowes are so pretty...well done on getting your 4 patches done. I am still umming and ahhing about if I am going to do it...I want to but have so much else to do...hugs Khris in Oz