Monday 7 April 2008

Cheating (15)

Having completed the 4patch blocks for my Strawberry Crush quilt - and a few over - I really wasn't happy with them. I absolutely LOVE the main fabrics I have chosen, and decided it would be a pity not to be absolutely certain about the rest of it. So I went to my local quilt store this morning and picked up loads of their scrappy bits and couple of FQs that are just the right colours. I made about half of them up this afternoon, and will finish them off in the next couple of days. I'll post a picture once they're all finished. So that leaves me with loads of 4patch blocks to play with - along with the others I have made out of leaders and enders. I can see the beginnings of my first charity donation quilts there.

I made Delia Smith's Cheat version of Pasta Puttanesca for supper and very good it was - long live cheating!

2 comments:

Khris said...

Cripies you are smoking girl. How do you get it all done..way to go.
Hugs Khris

Helen in the UK said...

There are so many options for using up 'spare' 4 patches, the hardest part is choosing a pattern :)