Monday, 28 April 2008

Not more scraps!!!!! (27)

Bonnie's posted Step 3 for the Orange Crush, and it needs yet more scraps! AAgghh! I just don't have any left - I had to use just one material for the little triangles in Step 2 and a very limited selection of just 2 for the big triangles. I guess another trip to The Quilt Room is in order, to buy up some more of their fabric scraps, but I think I will stick again to just the one fabric for the light triangles else those in Step 2 will stick out like a sore thumb. The only problem with visiting the shop is that I'm bound to buy more than I need! Ah - a possible solution - go in the next couple of days before the beginning of the next month, then I won't be able to afford much. But that won't be half so much fun. 

It's been a quiet couple of days. My mother-in-law loved her birthday cushion and decided to just look at it for a few days rather than start using it. I've done a few bits and bobs, but haven't achieved a great deal. All my jobs for April are done except for finishing quilting the black and white quilt, but I have done some. So that will give me something to be going on with for May.

5 comments:

diaryofamadquilter said...

I was hoping we'd be done with scraps too. I was running out last week, which prompted my visit to the fabric store. I was going to use orange as my main yardage color, but discovered I didn't have enough. So I bought that bright pink instead, with the green and purple. I do have enough aqua - which is what I'm going to use where Bonnie is using blue on her directions. I went to The Quilt Room's website. It does look tempting - and fun. Good luck.

Suze said...

I know what you mean about 'no more scraps' I was hoping we were through with that part but alas we are not.

Soon it will all come together and we will be so pleased with our tops.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Amanda,
Well, you're ahead of me!!!! I got word that Bonnie posted #3 and cried! I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday or Wednesday. I've been pushing with finishing the CC for my mother for Mother's Day, that I am only 30 blocks into #2!!! So...more scraps, eh? I haven't "peeked" yet, but......I just might. I won't be able to put any time in until Sunday due to the craziness of my week.

Regarding your long-arm post from the other day. I started to leave a comment, but the Blogger was "down" for some reason. So frustrating!!!!!
I just wanted you to know that I don't have a long arm, yet I quilt (errr......ATTEMPT to quilt) my own quilts. (Recall my "boo-boo" that you so DEARLY left a comment on.....)...*sigh*.....
However, with the summer vacation close at hand, and a nice handful of "bonus" checks coming my way for some of the "extra-curricular" positions I hold, I have been toying with the idea of investing in a new machine (and possibly frame and or longarm machine combo....)
I must say, that hand-quilting brings me the best results also. But...*sigh*...so time consuming when you're on a deadline.

Happy Monday
Amy
(sorry for the book, but wanted to catch up with you)

Roslyn Atwood said...

Oh I have no shortage of scraps so I was pleased to see we would be using a bit more of them in step 3 of the OC Mystery, but I've heaps left for more scrappy comforts. Another Trekkie, eh? Our oldest Dh is one, his media room has Trekkie stuff everywhere.And I am still transferring files to my Mac, it will take a few more days I suspect.
Roslyn

Rhonda said...

I'm still on Step 2... only got 10 blocks done! I'm running low on the light scraps.. so might have to join you with the shopping. ;o)