I've managed to meet my self-imposed goal of finishing my Irish chain quilt in time for Number One Son's visit. I had to machine sew the binding on as time was running short and I'm a bit weary today, and washing will have to wait until after his visit, but it's done and on the bed. I must say it's come up lots larger than I anticipated, and I rather wish I'd made it 6 x 4 blocks instead of 5 x 5, but there you go. It looks great and I'm delighted with it. It's great to have it done; it's been sitting in the sewing room staring at me accusingly since I started it after Oliver's last visit.
I've started on my next large quilt, using Lynette Anderson's pattern Gordon Bear which I won in one of her giveaways. I'm using scraps for this, though I'm sticking to her suggested colour scheme. So far I've been doing it as leaders and enders, and there's no rush as it's for one of the beds in the larger guest room.
And now I need to actually buy some fabric (sorry Bec!), as I've cut up all my greens for the Gordon Bear quilt and I'm going to a workshop on Sunday to make a log cabin Christmas tree wall hanging, and need some greens. I've never had much in the way of a stash, though I'm keen to use it up so I can buy some new fabric when the sales come round.
And finally, a gratuitous photograph of Rosie sitting in the sunshine in the lounge, trying to look nonchalant after I shooed her off the new quilt.