Wednesday 20 November 2013

Quilting again

Today I felt like quilting. I haven't quilted anything for ages but today I felt the urge. So I sandwiched up a top that I've had kicking around for ages and set to. As it's a donation quilt I felt that I could try something new, so have started with some feathers which I've never done before. I haven't made it easy for myself by using a matching thread though; I've gone for a lovely King Tut variegated.

I haven't decided yet what I'll do in the striped sections, but there are twelve of these plain sections to quilt first. I'm loving these vary casual feathers.


5 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! I really like your quilting on this. I really need to work on new quilting techniques and patterns. I think a charity quilt is a perfect place to try something new out.

Anita said...

For never having done feathers yours look very professional. Lovely quilt.

Kay said...

The feathers are really graceful and so beautiful. Do you free hand the feathers? Wow!

scraphappy said...

What beautiful feathers! They do show up more with the pretty thread, but it is a nice effect with the bright colored strings. Such a fun quilt.

Tanya said...

Great quilting! Pretty thread somehow makes quilting look even better! Have fun!