Tuesday 5 November 2013

Is there anybody there?

I wonder if I am still on anybody's radar? It's been so long since I last posted, two months, and yet I've had plenty I could have written about, I just haven't been able to get myself motivated. Perhaps this will get me going again.

At the weekend we went down to the south-east to visit our sons. Number Two Son and his partner bought their first house in August and all six of us met up there for supper on Friday evening; and then we saw Number One Son and partner briefly on Saturday morning before returning to Brighton for the rest of the day. We did a bit of shopping in the morning, then spent the rest of the day with Alexander and John. I bought myself a new sewing machine. I know, I know, it's only a short while since I had my new Bernina, which is wonderful, but it's such a monster that it's impossible to take to classes and workshops. So I bought a small, lightweight Janome.





















 It's a nice little machine, a Janome 601, that  does everything that I might need when I'm at a class. And it came with a quilting kit, an extension table, quarter inch foot, walking foot, appliqué foot and free motion foot, so what more could I want?

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Just yesterday I was thinking of you and was going to send you an email to say hello. Lots of excitement for you in your time away, a new house in the family and a new sewing machine. I'll look forward to seeing all the things you'll do with it. I have a very basic Janome and I really like it, I've heard such good things about the brand as a whole.

Nina said...

Still here...still reading. Congrats on the new machine! I know what you mean about traveling with the bigger machines. Since I changed brands on this past purchase I still have my little Bernina 330 and I use that for workshops and such.

Anita said...

Glad to see you are alive and well. Nice little machine to take to class. So what classes are you taking?

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on your new machine. Having just injured my Bernina taking her along on a trip, I can appreciate the urge to have a lightweight carry along. Hope it inspires you to take lots of classes and get away to retreats.

Katie said...

I’m here. Glad you’re back. :-)

Diane-crewe said...

still here x hope to see lots of projects from your new machine xx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm here....grin. I would love to hear all about your new machine after you have time to play.