Sunday 17 November 2013

Chocolate Roulade

I love having people come for dinner, or supper, or lunch, and have no problem with sorting out starters and main courses. But puddings are always a problem. I never cook pudding when it's just the two of us, we stick with fruit or yoghurt, so I don't have a repertoire of dishes I can use. I've had loads of disasters, but now I think I'm on the way to being sorted.

We bought an ice cream machine in the summer, so I can offer ice cream and sorbets in a never ending variety in the summer. Last weekend we had friends come for Sunday lunch and I made a chocolate roulade. Perfect. We've got more friends coming for lunch today, so what am I going to make for pudding? Roulade! Now we've either got to make sure we don't invite the same people too often, or they'll just have to have chocolate roulade every time, or I'll have to find another surefire pudding to add to my repertoire.


Yes, it cracked when I rolled it up, but that doesn't matter, it tasted wonderful.


2 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

it looks great x just alternate and make it with fruit .. lemon is wonderful xx

Kay said...

I had to look up what a roulade was. I'm very impressed! Now I'm hungry and I've just had lunch.