Saturday 31 January 2009

A Final Flourish for January (172)

I really do need to get a life! I got up at about 6.30 this morning with the urge to do something different, so I found this pattern in one of my patchwork magazines.

It's simply a calico quilt sandwich, with machine embroidery. It was great fun using so many of the embroidery stitches on my sewing machine, and using lots of different colours, some plain, some variegated (is that the right word, it reminds me on ivy) and one metallic. And I worked at it all day until it was completely finished, binding, hanging sleeve, hanger and all. And just squeezed in to the final day of January, another finish.

10 comments:

Amelia said...

The way the stitching shines it almost looks like bead work. Very eye appealing!

Anita said...

What a nice way to spend the day. Also a very nice way to showcase the stitches from you sewing machine.

crafty diane said...

I just love this! I would never have thought to use the different stitches on my sewing machine to make such a fantastic picture! You are really good at it!
Have a Blessed Day,
Diane

Jo in TAS said...

It looks fabulous but how's your shoulders and neck after a mammoth effort at your machine?

Kristie said...

Wow! Very nice job!
Kristie

Simone de Klerk said...

This looks very pretty, Amanda. I love the colors and different stitches you used. I think I should try to use all those stitches I have on my machine too once.

Gina said...

Great Wall hanging

Love and hugs Gina xxx

scraphappy said...

What a nice chance to use all your fancy stitches.

Liz said...

Hi Amanda, What a great way of using the decorative machine stitches. It looks really effective. Love the funky trolley :)
Kind regards from Liz

Candace said...

Who needs an embroidery machine, you made something just as pretty with the stitches on your machine. Not to mention the beautiful hand stitchery that you do.