|From December 2008|
Happy New Year to you all. I vaguely saw the new year in - I'd given up trying to stay awake by about 11 o'clock, but the bongs of Big Ben woke me at midnight, then Christopher came in with a ginger wine (just a sip for me, I seem to be allergic to alcohol sadly) to wish each other a good 2009.
So, looking back to 2008, what are my main memories?
- Lots of quilting, yay. I've made quillows, lap quilts, single and double size quilts; quilts to use and quilts for decoration
- Lots of stitching. Stitching to combine with patchwork, stitching that stands alone
- I've made all of our cards, not bought a single one
- Seeing the boys becoming more settled into their chosen ways of life
- Having more time to spend with Christopher now that I'm retired and he works just three days a week
- The sad tale of our house move. Sorting the house, the excitement at the beginning of the process, the disillusionment as the falling market caused problems, the pleasure at achieving a sale, the huge excitement when we found THE house, the disappointment as it all came to an end
- My health. Having had a pretty rotten year, the last few weeks have seen a steady improvement to the point where I feel pretty good most of the time
- Discovering blogging
And looking forward? Well, I don't do resolutions, 'cos they're easy to break. But I will continue toward the goals that I have set myself over the last couple of months.
- Continuing to eat healthily and sticking to the diet that seems to work for me
- Now that I'm feeling better it's time to get fitter - back to the exercise classes and get out for more walks with Christopher
- Finding some patterns that I like, and that work for me, and making some new clothes
- Getting through the current to-do list of quilting and sewing before starting any new projects. No UFOs for me!!
And plans? Well, it's time we stopped putting our life on hold whilst we tried to sell the house and time to do some of the things we've been talking about
- Decorate the little bedroom and get it sorted out so that I can use it as a craft/sewing room; decorate some of the other rooms;
- Buy a motor caravan and take some holidays
- Get a dog
- Christopher needs to get out of the job he's doing, because it's far too stressful and find something else to do that he can really enjoy
And vaguer thoughts? Well, I've plenty of those, things I'd like to do, things I ought to do. But most of all I hope that my sons continue to find happiness, health and stability in their lives and that Christopher and I can continue to enjoy each other's company as we head into our 30th year of marriage.
And to all my blogging friends - thank you so much for enriching my life over this last year, and for showing interest in my very ordinary doings. I look forward so much to a great 2009 and hope that you do too.