Monday 12 January 2009

Progress Report (162)

The decorating is nearly finished in the little bedroom, though it's gone more slowly than I would have liked. I just can't work for as long these days, and have had to pace myself. I have also been sewing a cover for the divan base which will be staying in the room.

On Friday Christopher and I went to Ikea, where we bought a shelf unit, a computer desk for him and found a perfect wooden trolley, that's almost the exact size of my cutting mat, and a perfect size to use standing up. I'm going to make an ironing pad to go on it too. We also bought some storage boxes and baskets. Oliver helped me put the desk and trolley together yesterday, and Christopher and I put the shelf unit together today. Luckily, they went together easily.

Tomorrow I hope to finish painting the skirting board and the door frame, which will leave just the window frame and some shelves. They'll probably have to wait for a few days, as I'm going to the first day of an Intermediate Patchwork and Quilting course on Wednesday.

I'm so looking forward to starting to put everything back in the room and making it into my sewing and craft room. I'll take some photographs very soon.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ooooooooo! FUN! Be sure to keep us posted on how your class is going! I wish I had "class" opportunities where I live---but instead, *I* am the one giving a "Beginning quilting" class next month :0)

No wonder you've been quiet online lately----that house-cleaning-painting update explains EVERYTHING! Keep up the good work! I used to enjoy painting, but not so much now.
Happy Monday!

Gretchen said...

Sounds like you are making good progress :)