Hooray - my Strawberry Crush is finished. It's been a bit of a slog. I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery part of it, making the blocks, but was unhappy when I laid them all out together as per the original instructions. It was too busy and too bright. After leaving the blocks lying on the spare room bed for a couple of weeks I decided to put some of them together to make a smallish quilt - sort of single sized. The borders are a pale lime green which seems to tone the rest down quite well. The quilting isn't brilliant - hence no close-ups. I did straight lines around the stars and the octagon shapes and then meandered in the rest. That bit wasn't too bad, although I did end up with a few bunched up bits here and there. Then I did meandery loops in the side borders and loops and leaves/hearts in the end borders. They aren't very good, rather uneven and too many 'slips'. But, it's done, washed and on my bed for now.
Strawberry Crush Plus One will be a wall hanging using the rest of the star blocks - or possibly some cushion covers. Strawberry Crush Plus Two, Three etc will be some tote bags made out of the remaining large triangles. The rest of the blocks will find their way into something, some day, perhaps.
So now I'm off to eat some strawberries and creme fraiche to celebrate!