Jenny of Elefantz set a challenge for July to make something out of a pair of old denim jeans. Well, I had a pair put to one side waiting for me to grow into (shrink into would perhaps be more accurate!) and I reckon I'm getting too old to need more than one pair of denim jeans for the garden now. So this was the perfect challenge for me.
I used some of the stitch patterns to decorate it, and then set up the embroidery module to embroider the tulips on the top of the bag. I had a few problems, because the thread kept getting snarled up underneath, but that's probably something I'm doing wrong rather than a problem with the machine. The lining might have been better in blue, but I don't have any fabric large enough for that, so the green and purple stripe and spot will be just fine. I've put a zip pocket, a key pocket and a mobile phone pocket inside.
And now, since it's pouring with rain, and I'm in the mood, I'm off to finish quilting a quilt.