I straight stitched around all the triangles and in the baskets, and then thought I'd practice my free motion skills by doing a motif inside the white rectangles and triangles. I drew some motifs using chalk, stitched them, and hated them. So I washed it to see if it looked any better once the chalk was washed out. It didn't, I still hated them. So yesterday I stipple quilted in the white rectangles and triangles, right over the top of the motifs. I didn't even unpick them first. The amount of quilting is a little unbalanced now (and so am I after all that!) but the motifs have nearly disappeared and the quilt is finished.
Now all I've got to do is the quilt for the other bed in our guest bedroom!