Wednesday 30 December 2009

Lucky me

















































I wasn't expecting to write anything more this year, but the postman's just knocked at the door with a lovely box for me, my PIF gifts from Amy. There's some fabric, a lovely heart decoration and a really fun little quilt that's made from a panel designed just for quilters. There are also three patterns; one for a dinky little applique wall hanging and cushions (I'll have to get some thirties style fabric for those); Time for Tea, with a whole range of themed goodies to make; and a wonderful waistcoat pattern, which is going straight to the top of my list. I love to wear waistcoats, they hid all sorts of lumps and bumps! And last of all, Amy must have read my mind. Christopher does the hoovering in our house, and I've been feeling rather guilty about the amount of thread I drop on the floor. So I've been wondering where I'd seen a pattern for these oh so useful thread catchers - and lo and behold, there's one in the box. We both thank you for this one Amy!

Thank you so much Amy, both for getting me involved in this project and for sending me such a wonderful post-Christmas pick-me-up.

5 comments:

Gina said...

Love the goodies

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Amelia said...

The postman brought you some lovely things...enjoy them.

Heckety said...

Lucky you indeed! What a wonderful parcel to receive...and I agree totally with you on the waistcoat pattern, and waistcoats in general!

Anita said...

Happy New Year Amanda. Hope you have a very healthy year and get lots of quilting done.

Kay said...

How terrific, Amanda! You really got some cute presents there. I've never heard of a thread catcher before. FUN!