Tuesday 4 November 2008

Hectic times (134)

Life's been pretty hectic since we got back from Wells. It's really weird, we have to proceed on the assumption that everything will be going ahead, but there's still this niggling fear in the back of our minds that it might all fall through. We've filled in countless forms for the solicitor, hunted for countless papers that should have been filed away and hadn't been. We've made heaps of phone calls and list after list. And I've started going through drawers and cupboards sorting them out. So now the dustbin is full and I've got two big bags of stuff for the charity shop already. Ah well, the clearing up is a useful job even if does all fall through.

Thankfully all the tablets I've been taking for the last few months seem to be having an effect at last, and my old energy is returning. And not before time. It's so good to be able to finish a job without having to sit down for a rest every half hour or so. Let's just hope it lasts, I've had many false dawns over the last couple of years so I'm being cautiously hopeful.

There's not much sewing going on as you can imagine, so no pictures for this post I'm afraid. I am working flat out to finish a lap quilt for my father-in-law. He seems to have decided that he doesn't need to put the central heating on now that he's on his own, so the house is like an ice well. When he's watching television he sits wrapped up in a blanket, so a quilt will be warm and cosy for him. Hopefully I'll be able to get the top finished today and then quilt it tomorrow so he can have it by the end of the week.

So, off to work I go (hey ho, hey ho).

8 comments:

Gina said...

Good luck with the packing and I hope your medicine holds out for you.
I'm sure that everything will be alright. Sending positive vibes your way.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Amelia said...

Good luck on keeping the high energy level...sounds like you will be needing it for some time to come.

Does your FIL just not want to spend the money for heat? The quilt will be great for him...your love will surround him when he uses it.

scraphappy said...

You are so right about the cleaning and organization being good even if everything falls through. Sometimes I think we should all have to move every 5 years just to go through everything and purge and clean. When everything is final it will all go so much smoother for the effort you are giving it now.

Amy said...

*GASP*
Oh my goodness Amanda! I just caught up on your blog and those pictures..........are BEAUTIFUL! Once again, the beauty of England that you share with us is absolutely amazing. We have SUCH a wonderful advantage of learning SO MUCH from our blogging friends around the world that we NEVER would have had in the past.

I thrilled two-fold for you! That you're feeling better and that you had an accepted offer on your soon-to-be-new-house :0)

Keep us updated when you can----- yes....I can WELL imagine all the work you must be doing to prepare for the move.

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed all goes well for the house, its sounds wonderful,

Your FIL will be very warm under the new lapquilt you have made,
When i moved its amazing just how much i had to sort out, i down sized a lot of things as this house is just a wee bit smaller.

Have a great week

Kay said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Amanda. I also know what it feels like to have to get things in order but not knowing for absolutely sure if all the plans will pan through...even though you know it will..... because what if it doesn't... etc. etc.
It will all happen, Amanda and soon you'll be moving into your lovely new home.

Lynn said...

So happy that you are feeling better. It should make anyone feel "lighter" to go through things, organize and get rid of things. Maybe just the thought of starting on a new chapter so to speak is energy boosting right there. Your fortunate FIL - to have you to make a warm quilt for him. Poor man though - my parents hated using their heat - the cost of oil was soooo high - sad when things like that become a worry.
Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Katie said...

I'm finally catching up on my weblog reading. MY! Have you had a lot on your plate. Best of luck.