Monday 27 January 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Today I've managed to spend a bit of time sewing, despite a nasty cough that won't go away following my chest infection.

I've made some more blue heart blocks and half square triangle variation blocks, like those I made last week.

I've also made four 54-40 or Fight blocks. I've decided to stick with blacks and neutrals for the four patch blocks, as this will tie all the scrappy multi-coloured blocks together. It doesn't work brilliantly with the blue, but I'm sure will work well with other colours.

Of course, the blue blocks won't be bunched together like this in the finished quilt, but it does give an idea of what it will look like, the secondary patterns that appear when you put the blocks together.



5 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

looking good x hope the cough clears up .. both my parents my son and grandson have this lingering cough .. seems to be a feature of this winter

Kay said...

This is lovely, Amanda. I'm sorry you've still got the nagging left over cough. I hope it goes away very quickly.

scraphappy said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, this is the time of year for colds and flu. Great 54-40 blocks. It is such a fun star block.

Gina said...

Like the look of those blocks. Hope the cough clears up soon. Take care xx

Amy said...

I love the plan you have for the 54-40 blocks. Black/Neutral -- brilliant idea to tie together the colors!!!