Saturday 18 January 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

I've made three blocks from blue scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. My plan is to make one or two of each of these blocks from each of the colours that Angela chooses, then I'll have three donation lap quilts to put together at the end of the year.
Nearly perfect points!


I'm going to make a whole different lot of blocks with half square triangles.

I bought a fabric panel with New York Beauty foundations pieces printed on it. There are twelve, so perfect for a small quilt, one for each month this year.


16 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

liking your blocks xx and the colours of course x

Lynn said...

Nice blocks! I enjiyed following along last time when you did the rainbow challenge. So I'm looking forward to seeing what you do this time around. I love the New York beauty block.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Those blues and yellows are wonderful together. Love your blocks!

scraphappy said...

What a fun variety of blocks this week. I like the heart -- so cute.

Marly said...

You've made some lovely blocks this week. The heart's my favourite.

Jo said...

That's a good idea to get your different colours of the year

Sarah said...

Nice blocks! Blue and yellow are happy colours. I look forward to seeing how your quilts develop!

Amy said...

I love the idea of New York Beauty! Blue n yellow are ALWAYS a favorite!!!!!

Cathy said...

Love the blocks especially the New York Beauty.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love your yellow against the blues... Perfect!

Nell's Quilts said...

Love the heart block. That yellow really pops the blue heart shape.

Kay said...

Your sewing is so very precise, Amanda. Do you iron them down first or have a special trick to making those points so perfect? Wow! The designs are beautiful!

Gina said...

Beautiful blocks. I really must join in on the challenge

Sweet Woodruff said...

OH so pretty paired with yellow! Your New York Beauty is amazing. Only the bravest and the bravest try that block. :) Happy sewing!

Char said...

All of your scrap projects are beautiful. Especially the New York Beauty!

Deb A said...

Such neat blocks. I love the heart but those hst's are too cute too! The NY beauty is stunning.