Thursday 5 May 2011

The last leg?

We're hoping that we're on to the last leg of our kitchen renovation; it's been rather a long haul and I can't wait to see the back of workmen and reclaim my kitchen and dining room. The granite worktops have now been installed and the new flooring laid. And today they started work on the tiling and decorating, and then with any luck by this time next week they'll all be gone and I can start sorting things out.


Today they've taken off all the old tiles, plastered walls and filled all the little holes.


This is the new worktop granite, a lovely silvery grey.


And this is the new flooring, a grey stone effect laminate.

We still can't use the dining room as everything from the worktops and shelves is stored in there. Our younger son is coming to visit for the weekend and I think we're all going to be eating off our knees - unless the weather is kind enough so that we can eat outside in the garden. But I think the forecast is for rain, and I'm not going to complain, we desperately need some. We've had less than 50% of our usual April rainfall.


7 comments:

Anita said...

Love the grey against the white.

Kay said...

Yes, yes, yes! I love that granite countertop and the grey stone flooring effect. I can already anticipate how gorgeous it's going to look when it's all done! Looks like you'll be done pretty soon. I can hardly wait to see it.

Gina said...

looking fabulous.It'll definitely be worth all the hassle

Love and hugs Gina xx

Lynn said...

Ooooh the grey granite countertop looks fantastic as does the floor. Really looks striking against the white, but yet still fresh and bright. I saw a peek of the sink in the background love the faucet and the sink itself, looks much like mine. So exciting isn't it?

Simone de Klerk said...

I hope you will soon be able to be the queen in your kitchen!

scraphappy said...

The end is in sight! Your granite looks lovely and I never would have guessed that the floor isn't really tile. I'm sure the laminate will be much softer to stand on while cooking. I hope the rest goes quickly, It is so unpleasant to have everything torn apart.

myrtle said...

WoW! so fab.. love the gray color.=)

sell wow accounts