Monday 2 May 2011

Cute?

Our WI (Women's Institute) group are having a special meeting on Wednesday, where other local groups are invited to join us. We're having a theme of Weddings (I wonder why) and we're all invited to wear hats and make buttonholes - I think these are called corsages in America.

Now I don't do hats; I'm too short, my head's too small and I wear glasses, all reasons not to wear a hat. But I wanted to join in so decided on a fascinator. I didn't want to splash out on buying something I'm never likely to wear again, so made one from a plastic headband, a few feathers, some felt and some suffolk puffs and buttons.

I made my buttonhole in much the same way. Thank heavens for glue guns.

Don't you like my model? I fear that I won't look anywhere near as cute.




6 comments:

Melinda said...

Very cute - are you going to show us a photo of you wearing them?

suz said...

Adorable and far better than some of those hats at the wedding! I love that you made suffolk puffs - we call them yo-yos here in the States and I think suffolk puffs is a much better term. Love to see a photo of you in your fascinator!

Lynn said...

That's Darling! I loved the hats I saw while watching the wedding. So much fun seeing all of the different styles.

Kay said...

It was only with this wedding that I learned about fascinators. What a cute name. Is it because you look fascinating with one on? I love your photos! I'll bet you're having a great time!

DeniseinVA said...

Very, very cute. My teddy bear collection is quite jealous!

Simone de Klerk said...

The perfect model!!!