Monday 10 January 2011

It had to happen some time!

I was happily cutting and stitching, cutting and stitching this morning, making more blue letters for my blue quilt, when OUCH!! Yes, that's right, I'd sliced across my finger with the rotary cutter. Mighty BIG ouch. Well, I held on to it for ages to stop it bleeding and then Christopher helped me bandage it up. It's given me a very good excuse to sit and do nothing much for a while (which makes Rosie very happy) and to read blogs - sorry for the very few comments, but typing this has been tricky enough.

That's my new diary behind, from the Quilt exhibition at the V & A, a lovely Christmas present from my SIL.

Hopefully I'll have some letters to show you very soon.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, indeed! I hope that didn't put a big crimp in your plans for the day! Blog reading is good, too.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

oooh sounds painful! Take care and heal up soon!

Kay said...

Ah Amanda... OUCH! I'm so sorry. Are you sure you didn't need stitches? I hope it heals quickly? I hear soaking in Epsom salts is good. That's what Art's doctor told him to do when he cut his finger.

jabblog said...

Ouch! Ouch! It must be so very sore - take care and put your feet up. Yes, I know it's your finger that hurts . . .
My 15-year-old granddaughter sliced her thumb with a cheese laser a few days ago so she's similarly handicapped.

scraphappy said...

I wonder if this will be the excuse you need to get a GO? So sorry to hear about your finger. With all the hours we all spend cutting, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Candace said...

Oh no, I've gotten myself a little but no big ones. I am always afraid that I will, but so far not enough to get one of those special gloves. Hope it heals up soon and you enjoy taking it a little easier for awhile.

Lynn said...

Ouch! No cleaning, cooking or any unfun housework until it heals!

Amelia said...

Oh Amanda, what a mess with a cut finger...and I bet it is and will be sore for several days. Wear rubber gloves if necessary so it does not get infected.

Enjoy the down time.

Amy said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!!! I don't even want to THINK about the throbbing that your finger must be doing.....oooooooeeeeeeeeee.

Enjoy the Pros of enjoying some Blog reading.

Anita said...

Amanda,

So sorry you cut your finger. Know how badly it hurts. Even though we know better we still manage to do harm to ourselves. Hope you heal quickly and don't hurt to much.

Anita

Tonya Ricucci said...

ouch ouch ouch. feel better soon!!!

Katie said...

Indeed ouch! I hope it heals quickly.

Jude said...

I hope you are a fast healer so you can get back to your sewing

Tanya said...

Hope your finger heals quickly. Oh... I can just see me doing that someday too. But it is nice to have blog reading time. (I suppose with the sore finger that it is hard to type your own blog...)