Saturday 29 January 2011

Feet

Yesterday I went for the second of my free lessons that came with my new Bernina. I asked for some help on using the different feet and embellishing fabric. The tutor gave me some great ideas which I'm looking forward to trying. One of the things we explored was different ways of using pintucks to embellish fabric.


All I need is time, energy and enthusiasm. I've been feeling very weary lately, which has done for both time and energy as I've been resting a lot; and as a result I've been feeling a bit down, which has not done a lot for enthusiasm, so not much sewing going on here over the last couple of weeks. What we need is a bit of warmth and sunshine, and a bit less biting cold and grey and gloomy days.

4 comments:

Kay said...

I'm hearing this a lot from other winter bound bloggers. I wish I could send you some warmth. Do take it easy. Some warm soup or hot cocoa might be just the thing.

Amelia said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your new machine.

We had beautiful weather yesterday so we took a day trip. It was fun, enjoyed the scenery; as well as the shopping. Mr. Weatherman says we could rain and snow in the next couple of days will the temps going way down.

Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

I am glad that I followed through and took the free lessons that came with my Bernina. Though I ended up purchasing a few feet that I have never used, so think a while before doing that.

Lynn said...

Oh no, don't get down, spring is close by, well I can dream. You need to get some bright colorful fabrics and sew something cheery just for yourself. Interested to see how you'll use pintucks.