I've finished putting my Angels Story quilt together, and I think I'm okay with it. The photographs are hopeless, but it's such a dull day and it's difficult to get it completely flat when it's just a top.
I've already taken it apart once because I found the square patches used between the stitched blocks overpowering. So I bought some gentler fabrics, cut another 320 squares and stitched it all together again. I still find that the stitched blocks are a little overpowered, but I don't think there's anything more I can do about it. I'm not taking it apart again, but I think if I were to I'd put plain fabric between the blocks, rather than the patchwork blocks.
Hey ho, at least it's done, about a year after I started. So now I need to buy some wadding and backing fabric so that I can get down to quilting it.
Now for a cup of tea and on to the next project on my list, machine quilting the geometric quilt, which I think I'm going to name Going Round in Squares.