Monday, 8 July 2013

Zakka placemat

This is the project for this week's Zakka 2.0 sewalong challenge, using Patchwork Please. I had intended to make four of these, but don't know whether I will now. For a start I didn't enlarge the foundation pattern for the paper piecing so this is a little smaller than it should be. I also found the paper piecing took some working out as it wasn't straightforward, and I had to join some pieces of fabric before I stitched them to the paper. This wasn't mentioned in the instructions. I followed the instructions too in not including any wadding and now I wish that I had put some in. It will do, though, for somewhere.

1 comment:

Nina said...

The pattern looks very nice. I understand about the batting, though. It seems to give a placemat more body.