Monday 21 February 2011

Happy Village

A couple of days ago I was having a bit of a tidying up in my sewing room when I came across the bag of fabric pieces that I'd cut for a Happy Village quilt I made a couple of years ago. The instructions in the book were wrong, and told you to cut ten squares of fabric instead of one, so you can imagine how much fabric bits I have left over.

The urge kicked in and I made another which I finished yesterday morning. I enjoy making them, and love the finished effect, but can't see me making another eight!


9 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, so you just whipped that up??? You must be a super-speed-sewist!

Angela said...

It's lovely. Such a bright and vibrant village, who wouldn't want to live there :)

Amy said...

Nice "urge" :0)
It looks like it's on an outside patio table? Great size for a table-topper or wall hanging.
Yay you :0)

Amelia said...

It does look like a village...I am like you...8 more...don't think so...not any time soon.

suz said...

What a cheerful looking quilt - specially this time of year!

Creative moments said...

The quilt is really bright,lovely and done sooo.. fast. Well done!

Lynn said...

I love it, really like the fabrics and colors. So you have enough cut to do 8 more? What would you do with 8 even if you did finish them? That's a lot!

Tanya said...

Oh, you just show that around and you'll have people wanting you to teach them (and use your fabric) too. Yes, wasn't that a major mistake in that book. Mine had a paper-clipped correction so I didn't cut too much.

Kay said...

The colors and design are so gorgeous, but it looks like a ton of work! You are truly impressive, Amanda!