Sunday 2 May 2010

Touch down

I'm just back from an action packed few days.

Thursday - left at about lunch time and drove both camper van and car to Brighton, it took us about four hours.

Friday - met Number Two Son for lunch and spent the afternoon with him. Drove both campervan and car to Redhill, about an hour's drive. Had supper with some friends.

Saturday - drove car to Reigate, met Number One Son for breakfast. Drove to Essex, about an hour and a half, to a family reunion. Met up with some first-cousins-once-removed I hadn't seen for about ten years and some second cousins I'd never met at all. We had a wonderful time reminiscing and looking at the old family photographs I took along. I filled a few more gaps in the family tree. By the time we left my voice had gone! Got back to the campsite at about 10.00pm.

Sunday - Christopher drove the camper van to his old running club to run with them. I drove the car home and went to our local quilt shop, where they were having a demonstration of Bernina machines. Spent about three hours there, looking at different machines. Then drove home. Christopher has just arrived home with the camper van.

Tomorrow - collapse.

I really want to show you some photographs of our mini-break in Dulverton a couple of weeks ago, so I'll try to get on to that soon.

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

Such fun -- you certainly packed a lot into just a few days. I hope you enjoyed the Bernina demonstration. Were you able to try FMQ?

Kay said...

Now THAT is a wonderful few days that you've had! How fantastic that you could spend time with the sons and cousins, too. I love the idea of a camper van.

Amelia said...

Lady, slow down...you have been so busy...sounds like you have been having lots of fun though.

Amy said...

What a lovely lovely week!!!
However, I must say that "tomorrow's task" sounds heavenly. I think every person needs an extra day of vacation just to unwind from the actual vacation.

Can't wait to see pics.

Lynn said...

Sounds like a wonderful time, visiting with family and some time with your sons, plus a stop to look at new sewing machines. Are you close to buying one yet? It sounds like your enjoying the motorhome!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Sounds like a lovely time: visiting with sons and doing things you both enjoy.

I'm looking for a new sewing machine, but I need something simple that doesn't require a thick instruction manual. I only sew occasionally, mostly repairing, but if I had a new machine maybe I'd do more. Any suggestions? You are the expert.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I'm tired just reading your post!! Rest up and I look forward to seeing your pics!