I have just finished my Butterfly Quilt, except for the label. This is to be a donation for a friend's charity. I had many lovely suggestions for this from many blogging friends, but in the end went for a pattern in Popular Patchwork magazine. The quilt has finished at about 2 feet by 3 feet. I loved doing the machine applique, which I did through all three layers, giving the butterflies a slightly puffy effect. I used fancy machine stitches on the sashing and meandering for quilting the background to the butterflies.
It is of course properly rectangular, it just looks a bit squiffy because of the way I had it laid on the garden bench!